quake 3 with IPv6

Dominique Pichon dominique.pichon at enst-bretagne.fr
Fri Mar 3 08:37:28 EST 2006

Hi,
I recently installed Quake3 on MacOS X.
It works fine in IPv4, of course. Yet I do not know how to connect to anther
player using IPv6. And i am even not sure that the binary is able to do it.
I tried my best to follow the given instructions.
svn co svn://svn.icculus.org/quake3/trunk quake3

   1. Run make.
   2. Install the latest point release for OS X.
   3. Copy ioquake3.ppc in build/release-darwin-ppc/ to
   /Applications/Quake3/Quake3.app/Contents/MacOS/Quake3.
   4. You need a libSDL-1.2.0.dylib in that .app's MacOS directory.

(which directory exactly?
/Applications/Quake3/Quake3.app
or
/Applications/Quake3/Quake3.app/Contents/MacOS/Quake3

SDL works fine as the game uses the entire screen and it has no influence on
IPv6, of course )

You need to copy your pak0.pk3 from your Quake 3 CD-ROM's /baseq3 directory
to your /Applications/Quake3/baseq3 directory.

I did it.
It works but when i launch the binary it looks only in IPv4. At the
beginning it writes that it discovers an ipv4 address.
So any hint is welcome :)

I installed a station with the code as well: this is a linux one. I would
like to make it a permanent IPv6 Quake server.
[mlk at jhg ~]$ cd /usr/local/games/quake3/
[mlk at jhg quake3]$ ls
baseq3/           missionpack/  quake3-smp.x86*
CHANGES-1.32.txt  pb/           quake3.x86*
Docs/             Q3A_EULA.txt  quake3.xpm
INSTALL           q3ded*        README-Id-7-26-01.html
ioq3ded.i386*     quake3*       README-linux.txt
ioquake3.i386*    quake3-smp*

Binaries are there, yet how do i use them?
(no man quake )
So any configuration file for an ipv6 server would be welcome as well ;)

Thanks

--
Dominique PICHON                          GET-ENST Bretagne CS 17607
Rue de La chataigneraie                   35576 CESSON SEVIGNE Cedex