[quake3] Continuing to have OpenAL crashes

ewe2 ewetoo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 01:30:37 EDT 2006

On 6/15/06, Tony J. White <tjw at webteam.net> wrote:

> Please try this build:
>
> http://tjw.org/ioquake3-ub/ioquake3-svn803.dmg

That's a great improvement, it's still choking the "hit-sound" buffer
somewhere but I got 40 minutes of play on two of the singleplayer
levels, by which time the game ground to a halt. , This error, as
usual, was present at crash roughly 7 times:

^!ERROR: while buffering data for music stream - Invalid value

Getting a lot of these though:

^3WARNING: Using default sound for sound/ambient/loop_water_02.wav
^1ERROR: Can't create a sound buffer for
sound/ambient/loop_water_02.wav - Invalid value
^3WARNING: Using default sound for sound/world/bubl2.wav
^1ERROR: Can't create a sound buffer for sound/world/bubl2.wav - Invalid value
^3WARNING: Using default sound for sound/ambient/1shot_underwater_01.wav
^1ERROR: Can't create a sound buffer for
sound/ambient/1shot_underwater_01.wav - Invalid value
^3WARNING: Using default sound for sound/ambient/loop_blurp_pool_01.wav
^1ERROR: Can't create a sound buffer for
sound/ambient/loop_blurp_pool_01.wav - Invalid value
^3WARNING: Using default sound for sound/ambient/loop_propane_01.wav
^1ERROR: Can't create a sound buffer for
sound/ambient/loop_propane_01.wav - Invalid value
^3WARNING: Using default sound for sound/ambient/loop_bouncepad_03_louder.wav
^1ERROR: Can't create a sound buffer for
sound/ambient/loop_bouncepad_03_louder.wav - Invalid value
^3WARNING: Using default sound for sound/world/portal01.wav
^1ERROR: Can't create a sound buffer for sound/world/portal01.wav -
Invalid value

I've tried running this through gdb but it locks my laptop solid when
it crashes so no useful information yet.

--
Emacs is an alright OS, but it lacks a decent editor.