[quake3] icculus quake 3 very dark

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Mon Jun 12 11:31:01 EDT 2006

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 06:51:48AM -0400, Lonnie Cumberland wrote:
> Well, if that is the general consensus on ATI cards then what kind of
> cards do all of you recommend for great graphic on Linux?

For gaming purposes I'd recommend a recent nVidia card (with the
proprietary drivers). For non-gaming purposes the integrated Intel
graphics solutions are sufficient and the drivers are open-source. But
you should not expect great framerates (even with old games like
Quake 3) with Intel graphic hardware.

Erik
--
When in doubt, use brute force.