[quake3] Re: [lists] [quake3] Binaries!!!11111

Zachary J. Slater zakk at timedoctor.org
Wed Jan 25 21:43:34 EST 2006

Per Hansen wrote:
> On GNU/Linux I would like to see a "debian" dir included in the
> sourcepackage.
>
> http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html#firstpackage
> http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/doc/maint/Maintenance-pkgbuild.html

No.

Distributions can do whatever they want with the package once they get
it, otherwise they get nothing special inside besides patches they want
included for interesting or serious reasons. Debian directories in
source packages are neither serious nor interesting.
(This is final unless somebody buys Timbo and/or Angst a mac in
the cause of Debian, at which point I will reconsider)
--
- Zachary J. Slater
zakk at timedoctor.org
zacharyslater at gmail.com