additional vidModes

Tim Angus tim at ngus.net
Mon Jan 16 16:54:48 EST 2006

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:40:49 -0500 tom wrote:
> For the long term, couldn't the list be just the modes supported by
> the graphics system setup?  Apparently one can query SDL for what
> modes a given device supports [1].

This would certainly be my prefered solution. You only see the
resolutions appropriate to your system, which can set using the
perfectly adequate existing custom resolution code.

Trying to statically support every conceivable resolution available (or
even a subset of them) is pretty dumb IMO, for the reasons already
covered.

> "
>    * A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>    * Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?