second win64 patch

James Lacey jamlacey at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 22:23:21 EST 2006

I guess this is too late for the code freeze, but this patch makes the
code 64-bit safe on Windows (plus adds a few changes necessary to
compile on Win64). Per Ludwig's suggestion, I didn't change any int
variables to size_t. So if you are working on something that requires
more than 2 GB of memory (since the malloc functions take ints), then
you are out of luck ;)

Some notes:
1. Team Arena compiles cleanly with this patch. I played a map of
Quake 3 and a map of TA with the MSVC Win32 binary and it seemed to
work fine.
2. OpenAL is reenabled.
3. I included two versions of the patch, one with just the code
changes and one that includes the new VS 2005 project file changes. I
disabled the more prevalent warnings (i.e. possible data loss from
size_t to int) in the project file, so if you are compiling on the
command line, you will see a lot of warnings.
4. The game is currently broken on x64. It hangs on startup. That is
my next problem to tackle. I just wanted to go ahead and submit this
patch since the last intptr_t changes Ludwig committed broke someone's
build.
5. If I compile with mingw32, the game also hangs on startup for me. I
am wondering if this is an issue running a binary combined with
mingw32 on Win64. Like I said in an earlier email, I am having
problems attaching gdb to see what is going on so if someone can help
me out with that (or point me in the right direction), I would
appreciate it.

James