SnapVector issues with old QVMs

Thilo Schulz arny at ats.s.bawue.de
Sun Feb 19 19:28:24 EST 2006

Hello,

I have a few qvms for older q3 versions which use a SnapVector() with int
casts to round the vector. In older versions, this was rounded non-ansi like
to the nearest int. I have seen syscall traps to implement SnapVector in the
engine itself that emulate this behaviour. Sadly, this is not being used in
the old qvms. Since I have little knowledge of assembler and no knowledge
about how the vm interpreter / JIT-compiler etc. work, I wanted to know
whether there is a _feasible_ way to revert the rounding behaviour with ints
to the previous state.
I want to avoid having to compile new QVMs since this would lead to
incompatibilities with already-existing clients using the old qvms.
Judging from the many platforms already supported, recompiling the qvms and
redistributing them would be the only alternative... am I correct with this
assumption?

--
Thilo Schulz