[quake3] Some Mac usability issues

Sketch sketch at openverse.com
Wed Feb 8 10:38:23 EST 2006

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

>> I'd say that's more a Windowsy thing, first used (AFAIK) by the Windows
>> DOS prompt, but later by Media Play and a whole slew of games.
>
> Likely Loki picked it up from there, and sort of made it a de-facto standard
> on Linux.

On this list was the first I've ever heard about it for Linux.  It's certainly
not a very well publicized de-facto standard.  I knew about it for
full-screening DOS boxes under Windows, but it never even occurred to me to
try it under Linux.

I suppose it might actually be in the Q3 manual, but after spending time
playing q3test before the game was actually released, I probably skipped it
and just started playing the game.  ;)

--
Sketch