[quake3] Quake III on IPv6 and Mac OS X

James Lacey jamlacey at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 17:35:36 EST 2006

Quake III should be buildable on Mac OS X using the command line. I am
pretty sure all you have to do is run make in the top level quake3 directory
and you should be good to go. (I haven’t tried it on OS X myself but that
worked for me using mingw32 on my Windows box.) The file you should look at
is here: trunk/code/unix/unix_net.c. You could define a preprocessor symbol
called IPV6 or something similar and then conditionally compile your changes
(i.e. #ifdef IPV6 /* new IPv6 code */ #else /* old IPv4 code */ #endif) or
you could make a copy of unix_net.c and call it unix_net6.c and then
reimplement the functions in that file to use IPv6. Anyway, make sure you
have the Developer Tools from Apple installed so have make, gcc, etc. on
your system. Your question wasn’t that specific so hopefully that helps
some

James

P.S. Are you using a PPC Mac or an Intel Mac? That will make a difference
and I am not sure if Intel Mac support is finished yet in the repository.
Anyone else know?

  _____