RC3 works well on Debian Sarge but...

Daniel Lord daniellord at mac.com
Fri Dec 1 11:18:21 EST 2006

I am running it as a server and using Mac OS X PPC and i686 clients.
I noticed a couple of things. Just noting them, not filing a bug
report.  I'll see if I can track them down further and provided more
detail.

Debian server:
1. my map rotation stops after a series of 12 and the 'nextmap vstr
d1' seems to fail. I have to use rcon to exec vstr d1 to start the
rotation over.

Playing the original Quake3 binary for PPC from Id has a few quirks
(which may be unavoidable). Imention these because I thought I read
ioquake3 should work with the original clients.
1. Sound during warmup: I use 'seta g_doWarmup 1'  and a buzzing
sound appears in the background (quite annoyingly ) on some maps
( enough that I think its a sound format issue) not a mapper's fault.
2. brightness starts out very high--almost washed out and I have to
adjust the client.

Forgive me if these are either meddlesome, petty, or mentioned
already elsewhere. Just as Tony did with the mail thread issue--feel
free to school me.

Daniel