[quake3] Re: Release (was Re: In-Game HTTP/FTP Downloads)

Zachary J. Slater zakk at timedoctor.org
Thu Aug 31 11:59:41 EDT 2006

Tim Angus wrote:
> Zachary J. Slater wrote:
>> Not pointless imo, just annoyingly done.
>
> Hmm? The main point of using SDL is that the code is (mostly) the same
> everywhere and the maintenance of supporting all the platforms is
> greatly reduced. Just grafting SDL support onto the existing windows
> port would make things worse in this respect, thus it's pointless.
> Additionally, any SDL Windows version will lose features versus the
> existing version, intially at least.

No, it isn't pointless. I do understand what you're saying.
For me, having SDL on Windows is a great feature, and not one I want in
a "release" until it is complete, the way you're doing it.

The only disagreement I have here is the "pointlessness" which is
totally pointless to argue about since I don't want a half assed sdl
port in this release.
--
- Zachary J. Slater
zakk at timedoctor.org