[quake3] Bot Skill

JoeHill joehill at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 17 00:20:54 EDT 2006

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 19:46:40 -0700
Zachary J. Slater got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> > Anyone know if it's possible to set the bot skill higher in the server.cfg?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> http://planetquake.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Guides.Detail&id=47&game=4

Been there ;) I really did a lot of searching, perhaps there's just no
variable to be set.

I suppose one could be added...

/joehill ducks to avoid spent-uranium slug

> So you should just be able to have an autoexec that spawns a few bots
> with the proper skill.

That works, but with the bot_minplayers setting, the bots get kicked
automatically when someone joins the game. I do believe I'm between a rock and
a hard place...

Thanks for the tip! At the very least I can just rcon in and kick the bots
myself, but I'm not *always* at my comp ;)

Perhaps I'll compromise and just add two bots for now, and leave four slots
open.

Happy...blowin' stuff up!

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046