Dedicated Server setup

Tim Angus tim at ngus.net
Tue Aug 15 04:06:12 EDT 2006

JoeHill wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean, I'm sorry. If we are all running the Icculus
> version, shouldn't these people be able to connect?

No, it's just that icculus.org quake 3 is a STUPID NAME.

To answer your question, are you sure your forwarding UDP 27960 and not
TCP?...

zebop:/home/tma# nmap -P0 -sU freeyourmachine.org -p 27960

Starting nmap 3.93 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2006-08-15 09:04 BST
Interesting ports on 64.231.112.182:
PORT      STATE         SERVICE
27960/udp open|filtered quake3

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 12.153 seconds

...meh maybe you are.

Also you'll need to +set dedicated 2 to get your server to appear on the
master server lists.

I can't really come up with anything else.