[quake3] mailinglist as default bugzilla component owner?

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Sun Apr 23 22:15:29 EDT 2006

> We have such lists for some projects at SUSE :-). Depending on how

I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some deep Unix tradition I was
missing out on.  :)

> the project works bugs either stay assigned to xy-maintainers all
> the time or someone regularly looks at new bugs and re-assigns them
> to individuals. Whether or not the list stays CC'd again depends on
> the project. There is also a bugzilla feature where a list gets
> copies of *all* bug changes (the qa contact IIRC). If we want to use
> that I'd indeed name the account quake3-bugs instead of
> quake3-maintainers.

That's more what I was thinking of...a QA contact that gets a copy of
all email traffic from bugzilla, so those that want to track everything
can do so, but otherwise it works as usual. I'd limit posting to the
list to Bugzilla itself, so people can read it if they want, but all
public discussion still has to come here, or be attached to the specific
bug.

--ryan.