[quake3] PNG Support

Ludwig Nussel ludwig.nussel at suse.de
Sun Apr 23 08:42:40 EDT 2006

Joerg Dietrich wrote:
> [...]
> On this way we could get rid of the local copy of jpeg-lib. I don't want
> to know how many long since fixed errors hide in there.
> The only problem are the two JPEG-writing functions in tr_image.c, which
> should be replaced by calls to the system jpeg-lib, which is anyways
> linked from SDL_image.

The problem is the memory management. Libraries need to use quake3's
alloc functions in order to not cause memleaks. It's anything but
trivial to make libjpeg do that by using api functions.

Aside from that I vote against adding support for all kinds of file
formats of the day just for the purpose having a long feature list
to show on the website.

cu
Ludwig

--
 (o_   Ludwig Nussel
 //\   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Development