[quake3] Flares over lightsources

Thilo Schulz arny at ats.s.bawue.de
Tue Apr 18 09:32:42 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 18 April 2006 08:43, Marc Leeman wrote:
> First of all, I my apologies for just asking instead of trying, but
> running Q3 over ssh would probably be a stretch to test it :)

No worries =)

> I have a question about your EF patch: is it possible to run your patch
> in the main ioQ3 code without breaking Q3A, and running EF multiplayer
> as a mod?

Not possible. There are many changes in the interface between virtual machine
and game APIs. Alot of Flags are different, network protocol is completely
different. It would have been a pain in the ass to make the switch between
EF/Q3 at runtime. I just used #ifdefs. That means, Q3 should work okay if you
don't have ELITEFORCE set as macro, but that's of course not what you meant
to do.

> In that case, I think we could include your patch in Debian
> pkg-games-devel.

You'd probably need to do a seperate package. Of course, being a long-time
debian user myself, I'd find it cool if that happened. :)

--
Thilo Schulz