OpenAL on Linux

Henry Garcia insidepoolhenry at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 3 18:36:47 EDT 2006

Graphics and performance are better on the newer executables.

But still having the sound cut out on me in Linux. Doesn't happen when SDL and OPENAL are disabled in the compiled executables.

Is there a particular version of OpenAL that my machine should have installed. I notice that the program console says that it using version 0.0.7 of OPENAL.

Also, just installed Visual Studio 2003 .NET on the Windows Machine. Notice that I'm now receiving an error message in the mingw compile saying it can't find the files\MSVS on the last few lines. All the dll's compile fine along with the executables. But the compiler must want to do something else with Visual Studio?

Hank