[quake3] Re: MD4 Model Support

Thilo Schulz arny at ats.s.bawue.de
Fri Sep 23 17:20:42 EDT 2005

On Friday 23 September 2005 22:52, Tim Angus wrote:
> Oh OK. Nevertheless, If I wanted to get a raven player model working in
> ioQ3, I would need to change cg_players.c somewhat. Perhaps you could
> create some example code that demonstrates its use.

With the links I sent to Scott a few mails ago on this thread, there's also a
place where you can download the original EliteForce multiplayer vms source
code. The cg_players.c is contained in there and shows how their models are
being used. I would refer to their source code to see how the models are
properly initialized and used. I ran the original vms from EliteForce on the
icculus.org quake3 engine, so I did not have to modify quake3's original vms
to get models displayed.
You can see the results here:
http://thilo.kickchat.com/efport-progress/neelix.jpg
http://thilo.kickchat.com/efport-progress/ctfworks1.jpg

If you are interested, I can write up a little .txt as howto for inclusion
into the repository, for using the new model system, and how it generally
works, so others who still mod for quake3 can use it if they wish.

--
Thilo Schulz