r99 - in trunk/code: client game qcommon renderer unix win32

Tim Angus tim at ngus.net
Fri Sep 23 13:23:09 EDT 2005

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:53:51 +1000 Jamie wrote:
> >* Replaced lots of __linux__ || __FreeBSD__ with __GNUC__
> >* MinGW port now uses asm versions of SnapVector and ftol
> >* Improved the handling of mangled symbols in vm_x86.c
>
> I hate to be so anal, especially as I'm not contributing any patches
> myself (so bring on the flames if I'm out of line), but can you break
> each of these into separate commits in the future?  (i.e.  so one
> commit == one feature/fix)
>
> It's easier to read the patches if they carry a single meaning, and if
> there's a problem it's easier to rollback.

I appreciate your concern, but you must realise that sometimes it's
difficult to do things sequentially. The above changes all really come
under the banner of "Portability improvements". Would you have objected
if I had used that as the change log instead?

I do try to work atomically, but sometimes it's not convenient.