[quake3] MD4 Model Support

Thilo Schulz arny at ats.s.bawue.de
Fri Sep 16 23:15:59 EDT 2005

On Saturday 17 September 2005 03:32, Zachary J. Slater wrote:
> I'll accept MD4 model support as long as it doesn't effect the game
> besides adding this support, is reasonably clean, and I would prefer
> that it be ifdef'd (on by default, but able to be off) just in case.

Yes, I don't think this will be a problem. The thing is, that I am not sure
about whether the current md4 routines are being used. You will find md4
structures defined in qcommon/qfiles.h as well as them being used in
tr_model.c and tr_animation.c. Before I break compatibility with any other
mod, game etc. that is out there, I would like to know whether I shall leave
the current md4 implementation "as-is" and use an entirely different set of
structures, or whether I should - as you say - just ifdef all the existing
md4 stuff and add my own to to the support trick. It doesn't look like the
current md4 implementation is much more than something half-finished. But I
could be wrong. Maybe Ryan could give a more clear answer on this one?

--
Thilo Schulz