[quake3] Crash on x86_64?

brendanburns at comcast.net brendanburns at comcast.net
Sun Sep 4 12:09:04 EDT 2005

Hey,
I found part of the problem...  if  VM_DllSysCall  is set to the new version of the code (as it is by
default because __i386__ is not defined, then that code crashes in CVar_Register.) If I use the
old code (e.g. not placing the arguments into memory) then the crash doesn't occur.

Which is the appropriate thing for x86_64 to do?

With that change, now when I try to run either single or multi-player when the game starts, I just get a black screen that goes entirely red occasionally as I wiggle the mouse....

Very weird.

--brendan