quake3 on Solaris x86

Tim Angus tim at ngus.net
Mon Oct 31 11:46:29 EST 2005

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:41:56 +0100 (CET) vincent at cojot.name wrote:
> - Makes lcc work on Solaris
> (gcc-solaris.c is a copy of linux.c at this time but will evolve).

OK good. Bear in mind that once somebody gets around to auditing lcc
properly, linux.c will most likely be replaced by bytecode.c or some
such so there is unlikely to be any forward evolution. Most of the
contents of this file are irrelevant for our purposes. All of the as and
ld arrays are unnecessary and many of the defines in cpp array are just
plain incorrect for compiling bytecode. What I'm saying is that there
really is no platform dependant code defined in the hostfile so it
probably doesn't make sense to maintain a separate solaris version. I
guess I'll just leave it up to you until lcc is cleaned up though (may
not happen for a while).

> PS: Don't drop the IRIX port/comments just yet, it's still on target
> for  me but the Solaris port gets done first.. :) I'm trying to get in
> touch  with the friends at sgi to see if they have any copy left of
> their old  diffs..

OK.