[quake3] Re: Questions about compile options (ioq3 on Solaris).

Andreas Kohn andreas at syndrom23.de
Fri Oct 28 12:40:27 EDT 2005

Hi,

> Got an e-mail address for him? I hadn't seen anything regarding a
> Solaris port on the list...

Sure, use this one: andreas at syndrom23.de :)

Well, I didn't announce anything, because I can only play with Solaris
in the university computer pools.
My current state was: compiles with gcc 2.8.1 on SunOS 5.7, both client
and dedicated.
The client has no sound, I used null_snd.c from the dedicated server
with a small modification. The client crashes somewhere when
initializing Mesa, which may be related to the fact that mesa was
forcefully installed by me (non-root) in a non-standard location etc.
It looks like you are way ahead of me :)

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 17:20 +0200, vincent at cojot.name wrote:
> 1) patch the #ifdef's in linux_glimp.c, sdl_glimp.c, sdl_snd.c,
> linux_snd.c (Ugly).
> 2) split USE_SDL to USE_SDL_VIDEO and USE_SDL_SOUND..? (semi-Ugly)
> 3) Create a solaris_snd.c that'd be Solaris-specific (not a bad idea) and
> disable USE_SDL for Solaris..
>
> What option do you guys/gals like better?

+1 for 3) as well.

--
Andreas
(aka ankon)

--
<TalisA> was macht man eigentlich auf einer linux-gamer lan ? hl server
aufsetzen und freuen ? *duck* ^^