r160 - in trunk/code: client unix

Tim Angus tim at ngus.net
Mon Oct 24 10:19:52 EDT 2005

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:20:47 -0600 Scott wrote:
> Would a simple solution be to add another config that io-q3 execs on
> startup similar to autoexec.cfg.
>
> That way when i.o-q3 starts it will run the autoexec.cfg, and then
> run io-q3.cfg.  Regular q3 will ignore io-q3.cfg.

That wouldn't really fix anything, since the sensitivity values are
equivalent as it stands. The only difference is that ioq3 doesn't have
the hardcoded acceleration on *nix (I should point out: like the other
platforms) whereas 1.32b does, which at very slow mouse speeds will be
less sensitive for the same sensitivity value.

If people really care I could add "in_useOldBrokenInput" or some such,
but so far there have been many more complaints (in the IRC channel)
about the acceleration being present than it being removed.