r160 - in trunk/code: client unix

Tim Angus tim at ngus.net
Sun Oct 23 12:14:40 EDT 2005

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 17:59:14 +0200 Ludwig wrote:
> Unfortunately with this change one cannot simply switch between
> 1.32b and ioQ3 anymore because sensitivity is always wrong in one of
> them.

They will be approximately similar, I think you are rather exaggerating
the issue.

> Does the hard coded accel actually matter?

Yes. With it in place it is impossible to have relative mouse movements
of 2 or 3 pixels -- this is clearly wrong. My theory is that the hard
coded acceleration was never intended as acceleration but as a means to
normalise the sensitivity on the *nix build without disturbing any
common code.