[quake3] Re: Sound lag fix

Kristleifur Daðason kristleifur04 at ru.is
Tue Oct 11 09:23:35 EDT 2005

Lurk mode disabled.

Actually, you decreased the buffer size down to 4096 *samples*. At
44100 samples per second, that translates to ~0.09 seconds of audio,
and hence ~0.09 seconds of audio lag (latency). (I don't know what
period size does in ALSA, but I suspect it might affect audio lag as
well.)

Back to lurking. It's been great following this mailing list, and
it's served to increase my courage in tackling the Q3 sources when I
have time.

-- Kristleifur