[quake3] Re: Sound lag fix

Carlos Alberto Lopez Romero anthaus at tutopia.com
Mon Oct 10 13:20:37 EDT 2005

IsSuE wrote:

>hi everyone :)
>
>as i am too stupid to use mailinglists ( first one i ever joined ) i
>wanted to ask you if u could give me some hints how to solve the sound
>lag issue. i compiled ioq3 1.33 which gave me sound in generall, but now
>i got that damn sound lag. killed esd but didnt give me improvements.
>
>thx in advance
>
>yours IsSuE

'esd' doesn't cause sound lag in my system. But 'artsd' does (too bad I
can't uninstall it since so many things depend on it).
Try killing artsd.
Aside from that, sounds like you have a windows sound card with no real
hardware mixing (nforce). That's really an  issue with Alsa, so you
might want to check their compatibility lists and buy a fully supported
soundcard.
My 2 cents.