[quake3] Header file errors

Asfand Yar Qazi email at asfandyar.cjb.net
Mon Oct 10 08:40:38 EDT 2005

Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> Got the following error (I'm using the nVidia headers from driver
>> 6111, I can't upgrade since later versions of the driver make X hang
>> or crash.)
>>
>> [asfand at big ~/src/games/quake3/icculus_quake3/quake3.build]
>> $ make
>

> <snip>
>
> Here's the dilemma....
>
> In the /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xmd.h header that comes with XFree86 4.3,
> some #defines and typedefs are defined that conflict with the ones in
> the jpeg library included in the quake 3 sources.  I'm thinking that the
> best way of doing this is to change their definitions as well all the
> places where they are used by prefixing them with JPEG_ or something.
> Would that be acceptable?

I went ahead and did it anyway, modifying the jpeg library files so
now there is no clash between it and the XFree86 4.3 headers.

Also had to '#include <GL/glext.h>' in code/unix/sdl_glimp.c ...

Anyway, it worked for me.  Patch attached.  Perhaps when people are
searching through the quake3 mailing list archives with a similar
problem, they'll come across my little post, and it'll make them
happy.  Signing off!