[quake3] Header file errors

Asfand Yar Qazi email at asfandyar.cjb.net
Mon Oct 10 07:59:41 EDT 2005

Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Got the following error (I'm using the nVidia headers from driver 6111,
> I can't upgrade since later versions of the driver make X hang or crash.)
>
> [asfand at big ~/src/games/quake3/icculus_quake3/quake3.build]
> $ make

<snip>

Here's the dilemma....

In the /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xmd.h header that comes with XFree86
4.3, some #defines and typedefs are defined that conflict with the
ones in the jpeg library included in the quake 3 sources.  I'm
thinking that the best way of doing this is to change their
definitions as well all the places where they are used by prefixing
them with JPEG_ or something.  Would that be acceptable?