avoid find error on freebsd

Tim Angus tim at ngus.net
Thu Oct 6 15:08:06 EDT 2005

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 17:52:02 +0200 Andreas wrote:
> I knew I'll forget about that one...
> You can probably not build q3lcc on a stock FreeBSD system, because cc
> -print-search-dirs is broken.
>
> From code/tools/lcc/makefile
> 143:SYSTEM=$(shell cc -print-search-dirs | head -n 1 | cut -b 10-)
>
> Definitely a FreeBSD error, and I submitted a PR about that one some
> time ago:

To be honest that variable probably doesn't need to be set, or at least
it shouldn't need to be set. For our purposes q3lcc only actually uses
the bytecode target (which is more or less just the IR of lcc), but
there are still vast chunks of cruft in there that should probably just
be removed. For example q3lcc as distributed with the source release is
still a fully functional alpha/mips/sparc/x86 compiler. Obviously this
functionality is not required, nor is the headache of maintaining it
across platforms.

I'll have a little poke about and see if I can remove the requirement
for cc for the time being, although long term it's probably a good move
to fully audit the q3lcc source and strip out all the target platform
specific stuff.