[quake3] Re: C++? when did that happen?

Ian Kumlien pomac at vapor.com
Wed Oct 5 18:09:03 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 22:58 +0100, Tim Angus wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 23:43:32 +0200 Ian wrote:
> > I see that with a lot of the cleanups lately NULL has been replaced
> > with 0 due to warnings? What compiler compiles C code as C++ code and
> > whines about it not being C++?
>
> I don't know what makes you think setting a function pointer to 0 is
> C++, perhaps the syntax for declaring a pure virtual? The compiler that
> produces the warnings is (q3)lcc, which builds the vm files.

C has it defined as NULL, while C++ started using 0. But ok if the vm
compiler is the one then i get it.

> > I guess it's up to you, but to me it's just plain wrong...
>
> If setting a function pointer to 0 is wrong, setting it to NULL is just
> as wrong.

Well, yes and no =)
(You might still need to initialize it so it's not wrong, but it
shouldn't be NULL on usage, =))

> > Oh, and btw, during the last commits the build hasn't worked either,
> > first it was the lack of a build dir and now:
> > make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/pomac/tmp/quake3/code/tools/lcc'
> > ../tools/q3lcc -o releasex86_64-glibc/baseq3/cgame/cg_main.asm -S
> > -DQ3_VM -I../cgame -I../game -I../ui ../cgame/cg_main.c
> > ../tools/q3lcc: q3cpp: No such file or directory
>
> Yes, this fixed now.

Nope... I still get it with rev 144.

--
Ian Kumlien <pomac () vapor ! com> -- http://pomac.netswarm.net