[quake3] quake3 MacOS hackery, continued...

Zachary J. Slater zakk at timedoctor.org
Tue Nov 29 00:32:39 EST 2005

A) This isn't "Icculus Q3" this is either icculus.org/quake3 or ioQ3
as a shorter form

B) SMP support was dropped months ago. This was never supposed to get
added back,
and I'm not sure if it has been (fully or at all). It is a nightmare
to maintain and the gains are
  really minimal

Just to be sure, os x isn't being dropped and neither is windows.
They will both be supported by release time. SMP binaries of quake 3
were slower than their uniprocessor counterparts when id's last
binary was released. I don't consider one benchmark
to be demonstrative of SMP's gains on modern computers. Feel free to
discuss smp support on this list, however support of it at this time
would hinder release considerably.