Distorted Sound on OSX

Oliver Böttcher oliver.boettcher at onlinehome.de
Sat Nov 19 05:08:53 EST 2005

Hi.

I've build basic Quake3 w/ Xcode 1.5 on my G4 with non-altivec for OSX
10.3, because of these graphic glitches. I use the pak0.pk3 packed in
the demo for testing. I get terrible sound with this build, while the
roq-videos are sounding good. The latest ID-pointrelese is also working.
I've no glue if something is messed up on my Panther, or if this is a
problem with Xcode 1.5 with gcc3.3. Unfortunatly I'm not able to test on
other systems.
If other informations should be provided, I'll do.

Btw. porting Q3 from the OSX soundcore to OpenAL would also be as good
as porting the input to SDL. I'm working on this but it's a huge
question of my spare time.

Sys-Specs:
G4 (400Mhz)
"appled" GF5200 (stock PC card)
256MB RAM
(runs better than expected on this system)

--oli