[quake3] did anyone get the demo content to work?

Frank Everdij F.Everdij at citg.tudelft.nl
Tue Nov 15 03:40:09 EST 2005

Quoting David Chait <davebytes at comcast.net>:

> I've been away from things for a while, but when I last tried to run against
> the demo content it failed (I recall some kind of version check or
> something).  Did that ever get solved/workable (even if via a local makefile
> or #def change..)?  I'm about to jump back into my porting work (ARM and
> MIPS embedded), excited to hear some OpenAL stuff just got in (since I'll be
> using a no-SDL base...).

For the IRIX port i've been using the demo content and as long as you put the
pak0.pk3 in baseq3, it's fine. You should use different startup options, as
explained in the i_o-q3-readme

I use:

quake3 +set sv_pure 0 +set vm_cgame 0 +set vm_game 0 +set vm_ui 0 +set ttycon 0
+set r_fullscreen 0 +set bot_enable 0 +set in_nograb 1 +disconnect

HTH

Frank

--
drs Frank Everdij  Email:F.Everdij at citg.tudelft.nl  Tel:01527-88202  Room:6.34
System Administrator for Structural Mechanics