[quake3] Re: Quake3 client + server on Solaris/Sparc

Ludwig Nussel ludwig.nussel at suse.de
Wed Nov 9 09:54:18 EST 2005

vincent at cojot.name wrote:
> Could you please commit the following workaround?
>
> It makes the 'release' version work on Solaris/Sparc (s9 and s10) by
> working around some of the optimizations that make the executables
> segfault.
>
> It's ugly but at least it will make both the debug and release versions
> work out of the box for people who compile from source.

A note about possible miscompilation/undiscovered bugs triggered by
optimizations belong to the README. I vote against this ugly thing
in the Makefile.

Did you run the optimized version through purify? Maybe it helps us
to get a clue about what happens.

cu
Ludwig

--
 (o_   Ludwig Nussel
 //\   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Development