[quake3] Re: svn 269 breaks solaris x86 compile

darkshark atnight darksharkster at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 11:31:35 EST 2005

On 11/5/05, Tim Angus <tim at ngus.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 12:54:59 +0000 darkshark wrote:
> > The change in qcommon/q_platform.h broke solaris x86 compiling.  The
> > __sun doesn't really have to be there (does it?).
>
> I suspect the actual reason it broke was a typo in snapvectora.s (fixed
> in 279). However, if you mean to say it works fine with your patch, then
> yes, the __sun should go. That has been there since day one, I assumed
> for a reason, but not having any sun hardware to play with I just left
> it alone.

  The typo fix does indeed allow compile and running, but on x86 with the __ sun
  there we don't get the asm SnapVector, just the C version.

 I'd guess the __sun bit was there because it was assumed that __sun
== sparc which
 isn't the case today :)

> Assuming this does work, could you also try the attached patch to enable
> the JIT compiler on solaris x86? Make sure that your vm_* cvars are set
> to 2 (they should be by default).

  Yup, applied, compiled and running ok, both game and dedicated server.

> Thanks.

  Thanks you :)

Sean.
.