svn 269 breaks solaris x86 compile

Tim Angus tim at ngus.net
Sat Nov 5 10:14:17 EST 2005

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 12:54:59 +0000 darkshark wrote:
> The change in qcommon/q_platform.h broke solaris x86 compiling.  The
> __sun doesn't really have to be there (does it?).

I suspect the actual reason it broke was a typo in snapvectora.s (fixed
in 279). However, if you mean to say it works fine with your patch, then
yes, the __sun should go. That has been there since day one, I assumed
for a reason, but not having any sun hardware to play with I just left
it alone.

Assuming this does work, could you also try the attached patch to enable
the JIT compiler on solaris x86? Make sure that your vm_* cvars are set
to 2 (they should be by default).

Thanks.