webspace wired to svn repo...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Wed Nov 2 00:16:13 EST 2005

Ok, zakk and I got it all sorted out...anything that is committed to the
web/ directory in the quake3 svn repository shows up immediately on the
website...this means anyone with write access to svn can modify the
webspace, and we get full revision history to boot.

Unlike the lgfaq, which also does this, we do NOT have this on a 20
minute delay...so do not commit anything to web/ that you don't want the
world to see immediately.

Also, please don't put big files into subversion meant for the
webspace...if you, say, package up a multi-megabyte installer for the
webspace, then everyone pulling the source from Subversion will have to
sit through the download, which is undesirable. If/when there are files
like this, please speak to zakk and he will arrange for posting them,
outside of the usual webspace and make sure their final URLs are
referenced in svn.

Otherwise, please commit responsibly, and you know where to find me if
there are any issues.

--ryan.