[quake3] Re: Running q3ded on PPC

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Tue Nov 1 08:20:17 EST 2005

You know, This PPC problem made me realize something as Solaris/Sparc
suffers from the same symptoms as PPC (no VM_compiled, using interpreter
and then a sig 10 or sig 11).

When running q3_endian_test on Solaris/Sparc it resulted in:

raistlin at ergoth:[/net/thorbardin/export/home/raistlin ]cat q3_endian.c
#include <assert.h>
#include <math.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdarg.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <time.h>
#include <ctype.h>
#include <limits.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main( void )
{
   printf( "Q3 thinks this machine is " );

#if __FLOAT_WORD_ORDER == __LITTLE_ENDIAN
   printf( "little endian\n" );
#else
   printf( "big endian\n" );
#endif

   return 0;
}

raistlin at ergoth:[/net/thorbardin/export/home/raistlin ]./q3_endian
Q3 thinks this machine is little endian

Obviously this is wrong for Solaris/Sparc and __FLOAT_WORD_ORDER is
nowhere to be defined anyway.. I'll be checking the #ifdef in the VM
stuff..

Vincent