[quake2] Original quake2 game bug

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Fri Jan 13 16:10:28 EST 2006

Hi,

On Friday 13 January 2006 21:04, Karen Pouelle wrote:
> The rocket launcher is excluded from function NoAmmoWeaponChange
> deliberately, and including it would be adding a bug (or would that be an
> unwanted feature?). But the change from 'ionrippergun' to 'ionripper' is a
> bug fix.

The ionripper is a bug - BTW, it needs an additional fix - as it fires two
'cells' it will not work correctly unless the code checks cells > 1 (like the
super shotgun checks shells > 1):

Fix:
// RAFAEL
        if ( ent->client->pers.inventory[ITEM_INDEX (FindItem ("cells"))] > 1

Now, back to the rocket launcher.  Why is it considered _not_ a bug and
deliberate.  Where is this recorded that it _shouldn't_ be in weapon swap out
on NoAmmoChange function?

And on what grounds?

Nick

--
"Person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt person doing it."
-Chinese Proverb