Original quake2 game bug

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Tue Jan 10 14:49:52 EST 2006

I found a Xatrix bug yesterday in that the 'ionripper' was called
'ionrippergun' (non-existant) and thus failed on the noAmmoWeapon change.

Testing today, I see that the rocket launcher is not in that list - looking at
original ID code, it isn't there either.

In p_weapon.c locate the function NoAmmoWeaponChange (edict_t *ent)

You will see the rocket_launcher is missing.

This needs adding to the list:

        if ( ent->client->pers.inventory[ITEM_INDEX(FindItem("rockets"))]
                &&  ent->client->pers.inventory[ITEM_INDEX(FindItem("rocket
launcher"))] )
        {
                ent->client->newweapon = FindItem ("rocket launcher");
                return;
        }

Nick
--
"Person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt person doing it."
-Chinese Proverb