[quake2] Fwd: ALSA sound support

Brendan Burns brendanburns at comcast.net
Mon Jan 9 21:31:16 EST 2006

Hey folks,
The modified snd_alsa.c is now in icculus CVS.  It seems to work.  I
modified set_period_size to set_period_size_near, since set_period_size
failed on my machine.  I also seem to have some chattering/delays on my
machine when a lot of different sounds are going off, but I think that
they're driver issues rather than problems in q2.  If someone else who's
tracking CVS could check out and test the ALSA sound, that'd be great!

(and once again for the record, the original q2 snd_alsa.c was derived
from the quakeforge sources)

--brendan