[quake2] CD Music

Nelson Marques nmarques at xpto.org
Sun Sep 18 19:18:59 EDT 2005

At least in windows, you can go to the Device Manager and in the Drive
properties disable the DAE (Digital Audio Extraction), if the cable
isn't installed, you won't get any sound either from a CD playing on the
drive.

And it's true, in XMMS there is a plugin to use DAE and it's enabled by
default. If that cable isn't present, for instance if you use Gnome CD
Player, you won't get any sound playback.

NM