[quake2] q_shared.c - possible typo error?

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Thu Sep 15 13:44:40 EDT 2005

On Thursday 15 September 2005 18:24, qudos wrote:
> Sometimes in the process build i've read:
>
> warning: 'blah_blah' might be used uninitialized in this function

All that means is a varible maybe referenced later (i.e. a crash situation).

Take this code:

int	i;
int	x;

if (i == 5)
	x = 1;

Here, if i != 5 then x will never be given a value, and could be anything.

> Moving out the declaration from the function just remove the warning,
> don't know if this is the reason for this declarations.

I can't see how that is the case here.  What compiler you use?

Nick
--
"When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, Give a whistle..."