[quake2] Quake2 skydistance patch

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Tue Sep 6 17:05:15 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 06 September 2005 14:09, Brendan Burns wrote:

> I think before I release, I'm going to put in a compile flag that allows
> someone to switch back to the old values in case someone is running an
> old graphics card...

I see on the diff you put wrong value in gl_rmain.c

For the new resized skybox:

MYgluPerspective (r_newrefdef.fov_y,  screenaspect,  4,  4096);

should be:

MYgluPerspective (r_newrefdef.fov_y,  screenaspect,  4.00,  8192.00);

so that it ties in with the new:

gl_warp increase the sky box size from default 2300 to 4096:

        b[0] = s * 4096.00;
        b[1] = t * 4096.00;
        b[2] = 4096.00;

as per my table:

Drawing up a table based on original code of
skydistance, boxsize, and farz, we get:

sd      bs      farz
500     248     512
1000    748     2048
1500    1248    4096
2500    1996    4096
3000    2496    8192
4500    3996    8192 * this is the max setting needed
5000    4244    16384
9000    7992    16384

But yes, I agree - maybe have a default CVAR skybox 0 for standard, and CVAR
skybox 1 for the bigger box.

Nick

--
"When you're chewing on life's gristle,