[quake2] ati-driver and q2 performance

Brendan Burns brendanburns at comcast.net
Sat Mar 19 13:52:45 EST 2005

I'm not sure, but it is almost certainly either:

a) Some graphics effect used by vanilla q2 that is not used by q2max,
that is being done in software on your computer
b) Some manipulation of OpenGL settings that q2max is using to improve
the performance of your card.

What is your graphics card?  What drivers?

--brendan