[quake2] quake2 on the internet

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Fri Mar 18 13:47:01 EST 2005

On Friday 18 March 2005 18:38, Anders Storsveen wrote:
> I wanted to try to play quake2 on the internet now, but I suddenly
> realised that most servers use nocheat, and you need to use the nocheat
> client to play, the problem is that this client is probably faaaar better
> (except for the transparent console :D). My mouse didn't work at all with
> nocheat (it just moved a few pixel too every side and thats it), how the
> hell can we play on the internet when most servers need nocheat? isn't it
> possible to get some binary code or something from bryceinc (who makes
> nocheat) and make it compatible (guess it checks for wallhacks and models
> and stuff)? or possibly send the code to them so them can make it
> nocheated. Its just so sad that I cant play. Also the last update from
> bryceinc on nocheat was in 2003 !! :((

The 'nocheat' code is now unsupported, and also introduced a bonified way to
allow cheats (much like ID cards, but I digress).

I will now start a standard quake2 server using my code with all monster stuff
removed, level countdown etc.  Standard quake2 client is all you need.

It is ON now running quake2 DM.

"When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, Give a whistle..."