[quake2] To all the mouse problem peoples

Julien Langer jlanger at zigweb.de
Thu Mar 17 17:37:59 EST 2005

On Do, 2005-03-17 at 19:47 +0000, Nick Warne wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have _never_ had a problem with the mouse... in fact, my Quake2 runs better
> on Linux now than it every did on Windows.
>
> So, maybe we should all document what we use to see if there is any glaring
> obvious common problem attributed to it.

Yeah good idea

My configuration:
Debian unstable with Xfree 4.3 and Gnome 2.8
Kernel 2.6.11
Mouse is a Logitech MX 700 plugged into USB
Geforce 5900XT with nvidia driver 7167

Problems with mouse in icculus q2 0.16 (compiled with gcc 3.3.5):
-Mouse sometimes jumps or hangs in GLX mode
-No movement when mouse is moved very slow in SDLGL mode

other games like quake3 or doom3 work without any mouse problems.

Julien