[quake2] Highly erratic mouse behavior

Brendan Burns brendanburns at comcast.net
Thu Mar 17 14:42:46 EST 2005

Its my experience (from fielding mouse problem reports from a lot of
different people) that mouse issues are often weird system level
interactions between X, the kernel and the graphics card.  Lots of
different people running the same code see different mouse behavior.

One thing you might try is explicitly turning DGA of in your X server.
That may help (or try turning it on, if it is already off...)

<ot>
that last statement reminds me of a joke I heard recently:
Four engineers are in a car driving down the highway.  The car stalls
and they stop it on the side of the road.  The mechanical engineer
says, "its something with the engine, we've got to take it apart until
we find the problem."  The chemical engineer says "no, its the gasoline
that's bad."  The electrical engineer says "Its probably the battery."
And the computer engineer says, "I think if we get out and then get
back in it will work..."
</ot>

--brendan