[quake2] Linux Q2 Bots?

Joshua Barney derewuff at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 12:05:35 EST 2005

EraserBot, if I recall, is not portable because it relies on a
certain closed source library (correct if I'm wrong).  Supposedly the
source to GladiatorBot is lurking somewhere, but I haven't been able
to find it.

There is only ONE Q2 bot that I know of that already has a working
3d-bit binary compiled for Linux.  Sadly I forgot the name of it.  It
was some weird name, likde 3dbz2 or something, and I found it on a
Russian server a long time ago (I can't seem to locate it now).  I'm
sure I still have the tarball at home (I'm at school right now), so
when I get back I'll post it on my server for download.

~ Joshua

--- CJ Kucera <quake2 at apocalyptech.com> wrote:

> Hello list!
>
> I realize that this doesn't *directly* relate to the Icculus Q2
> work,
> fantastic though it is, but it seems the best place to ask.  Does
> anyone
> happen to have a source where I could get ahold of a Q2 Deathmatch
> bot
> that works in Linux?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> -CJ